What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin layers of tooth-coloured material that are placed on the front of a patient’s teeth to make them appear better.
Why would I need dental veneers?
Veneers can be used to cosmetically improve a damaged, cracked or discoloured tooth. Here are some of the other reasons to choose veneers….
- Strong and durable – Veneers are made from porcelain – a strong and durable material, allowing you to continue enjoying your favourite foods without worry.
- Long-lasting option – If properly looked after, veneers can last between 10-15 years.
- Natural-looking results – porcelain veneers are custom made to match your natural tooth colour.
- Bespoke for your smile – Mr Flanagan, principal dentist and owner of 03 Dental, will take impressions of your teeth which will be sent off to a laboratory – this means the veneers are crafted to fit each of your teeth.
- Fast and easy procedure – Generally, veneers can be fitted over 2 visits.
- Veneers are stain-resistant – Unlike natural teeth, porcelain veneers are resistant to staining.
- Cosmetic benefits – If you have cracked, discoloured, widely spaced, damaged or chipped teeth, veneers can be placed on the front of visible teeth to improve their appearance.
- No recovery involved – When the placement procedure is complete, you can leave the practice straight away and resume your day-to-day lifestyle.
- You can combine veneers treatment with other treatments – Many patients choose to combine veneers treatment with teeth whitening and orthodontic treatment to enhance the aesthetic results. Speak to us about a Smile Makeover here at 03 Dental.
- Improve your confidence – Many patients come to us, reporting that they are suffering from anxiety and low self-esteem because of the appearance of their teeth. Undergoing treatment for dental veneers and other cosmetic treatment (such as teeth whitening or orthodontic treatment), can help restore confidence in your smile, so you can chew and smile with confidence.
- If a tooth is strong, a veneer is often a better option than a crown for improving a tooth’s appearance.
If you would like more information about dental veneers at 03 Dental, please do not hesitate to contact us.